h:21.5 in x w:16.25 in x d:6.25 in
This sculpture is a close variation of the massive work designed and produced by Matthew Coates Wyatt originally set upon the triumphal stone arch beside Wellington's residence at Apsley House, Hyde Park Corner. It seems likely that this work is also to a design by Wyatt and probably made at Wyatt's own foundry at Dudley House in the Harrow Road. The original massive sculpture was made of bronze sourced from French cannon captured at Waterloo. Being considered too large and ill proprtoined for the arch, the statue was moved to Aldershot in 1883.
Seller Contact No
+44 (0)207 7275263
+44 (0)7831 561042